Founders' Day Weekend
Celebrating 82 Years
- Complimentary admission to the Gate Lodge
- Free parking on Friday and Saturday on the Great Meadow
- Listen to music on Rock N Recovery provided by 91.3 The Summit
- Free shuttle on Saturday, June 10 to/from Stan Hywet and the Founders' Day activities at the University of Akron.
- Leave your personal story in the Reflections Tent journal
- Enjoy lunchtime fare including hot dogs, pulled pork sandwiches, hot pretzel, beverages and more from Molly's
- Gate Lodge memorabilia will be for sale near the Gate Lodge, including the book, The Gate Lodge: A New Beginning, written and edited by Stan Hywet staff.
Honor the 82nd anniversary of the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), which started with a meeting on Mother's Day, 1935 in the Gate Lodge between two admitted alcoholics, Bill W. and Dr. Bob. A meeting that was supposed to last minutes lasted hours and became the underpinnings of a movement that continues to help millions worldwide.
Founders' Day Weekend commemorates the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous. Guests are invited to participate in Founders' Day activities and visit the Gate Lodge and learn about its significance as the birthplace of AA.