Vintage Days at Stan Hywet
Travel back in time during Vintage Days at Stan Hywet.
- This is our final Vintage Day of the 2017 season.
- All tours on Vintage Days are self-guided.
- Vintage Days include Living History Day, and Vintage "Base Ball."
- Purchase tickets upon arrival.
- In the Manor House, friends, business associates and staff members of the Seiberling family are eager to tell you about life in the 1920s on an American Country Estate. Played by our History First Hand troupe, this interactive tour takes place on select dates throughout the season. Then enjoy a game of vintage base ball (historically accurate spelling) as our resident team, the Akron Black Stockings take on the competition. Huzzah!
- Vintage "Base Ball," 12noon - 2pm More details, below.
- Bring Blankets or lawn chairs and head over to the Great Meadow to cheer on the Akron Black Stockings, Stan Hywet's resident vintage "base ball" team.
September 10 features an intra-squad vintage base ball game. You are invited to participate!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to play "base ball" the way it was meant to be played? Now's your chance! Guests are invited to play in an intra-squad team with our very own resident team, the Akron Black Stockings.
Who knows? You may even decide to join the team!
From time to time, photos will be taken of guests visiting Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. Stan Hywet reserves the right to use these photos for communication, promotional and marketing purposes.