Vintage Days at Stan Hywet
- 12noon-4pm. Grounds are open until 6pm.
- Included in a self-guided tour admission.
- All tours on Vintage Days are self-guided, and include Living History Day, and Vintage "Base Ball."
- Purchase tickets upon arrival.
- Vintage "Base Ball," 1-3pm except 7/15 when the Akron Cup is in session from 10am-4pm. More details, below.
- July 15 includes WWI commemoration from 12noon - 4pm.
- Bring Blankets or lawn chairs and head over to the Great Meadow to cheer on the Akron Black Stockings, Stan Hywet's resident vintage "base ball" team.
Travel back in time during Vintage Days at Stan Hywet. In the Manor House, friends, business associates and staff members of the Seiberling family are eager to tell you about life in the 1920s on an American Country Estate. Played by our History First Hand troupe, this interactive tour takes place on the dates above. While you're here, enjoy a game of vintage base ball (historically accurate spelling) as our resident team, the Akron Black Stockings take on the competition -- details below. Huzzah!
Vintage "Base Ball," 1-3pm*
Bring Blankets or lawn chairs and head over to the Great Meadow to cheer on the Akron Black Stockings, Stan Hywet's resident vintage "base ball" team.
*July 15, 2018 - Enjoy vintage base ball all day during the Akron Cup on July 9 from 10am-4pm. The Akron Black Stockings host this all-day event at Stan Hywet with eight "clubs" competing and with two matches (games) taking place simultaneously throughout the day.
Stan Hywet Goodyear Band Concert - June 10 and August 19
The Stan Hywet Goodyear Band was founded in 1919 at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and continues to perform at Stan Hywet and around the region to this day. Grab lunch from Molly's Cafe and enjoy a summer afternoon concert in the Courtyard.
From time to time, photos will be taken of guests visiting Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. Stan Hywet reserves the right to use these photos for communication, promotional and marketing purposes.