Ohio Shakespeare Festival at Stan Hywet: The Winter's Tale
Enjoy a wonderful evening under the stars in the Lagoon area of Stan Hywet. Presented in partnership with the Ohio Shakespeare Festival.
- Preview, July 27, 2017, 7:30 - 10pm
- Thursdays -Sundays, July 28 - August 13, 7:30-10pm
- Gates open at 6pm | Greenshow: 7:30pm | Performance: 8pm
- Location: Outdoor theater in the Lagoon area of Stan Hywet
- Purchase tickets at www.ohioshakespeare.com or 1-888-71-TICKETS
- Parking: complimentary parking is the Stan Hywet main parking lot
- Plan and dress for the weather. Theater goes on rain or shine
- No outside alcohol may be brought onto the Stan Hywet property. Beer and wine available for purchase at the theater cafe.
An exotic tale set in Sicily and Bohemia, A Winter's Tale defies Shakespeare's classic genres by belonging to both the comic and tragic worlds as it unfolds a story of royal love, revenge, injustice, and family. Plus, it includes Shakespeare's most famous stage direction: Exit, pursued by a bear.
Enjoy a wonderful evening of Shakespeare under the stars in the Lagoon area of Stan Hywet, presented in partnership with the Ohio Shakespeare Festival.
Food & Drink: Arrive early to purchase sandwiches, snacks and drinks at the Lagoon, or bring your own picnic dinner. State of Ohio liquor law prohibits outside alcoholic beverages. Wine and beer will be for sale at the theater cafe.
Arrival Time: Picnicking and ticketing open at 6pm. Arrive by 7:30pm, as the front gate of the estate closes promptly when the show begins.
Pre-order your dinner from Molly's Cafe
Bringing a group to enjoy the performance? Save time and order boxed dinners in advance from Molly’s Café at Stan Hywet that will be ready when you arrive. Check out menu options and information on the Stan Hywet order form here. For more information, call 330.315.3267.
Please note: orders must be placed with Molly’s Café at Stan Hywet 5 days in advance of show date.
Purchase tickets from the Ohio Shakespeare Festival
Advanced purchase is recommended, and when available, day-of-show tickets will be sold at theater admissions on-site (near the Corbin Conservatory), beginning at 6pm.
For all ticketing information, contact the Ohio Shakespeare Festival: 1-888-71-TICKETS or www.ohioshakespeare.com
From time to time, photos will be taken of guests visiting Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. Stan Hywet reserves the right to use these photos for communication, promotional and marketing purposes.