About ARRC, Inc.
Incorporated in 2003 as a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, ARRC, Inc., provides award-winning professional expertise in historic preservation to both residential and commercial clients in the following areas:
- Structural and Landscape Assessment
- Property Analysis
- Architectural and Preservation Services
- Construction Management
- Consulting Services
- Product Sales
Homeowners, businesses, municipalities and nonprofit organizations seeking knowledgeable and experienced project leaders to guide them through the complexities of restoring their historic structures and landscapes turn to ARRC, Inc.
The company was established by Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens in response to an ever-increasing demand for seasoned experts who are trained to ensure the historic accuracy and authentic character of the sites and communities they serve.
For more information or to arrange a preliminary consultation, please contact
Mark Gilles, Principal, ARRC, Inc., | 330.315.3240
A Leading Expert in Restoration & Preservation
Mark Gilles, Principal of ARRC, Inc.,has been certified for more than 30 years by the Ohio Architectural Board and meets all standards imposed by the U.S. Department of Interior. He became affiliated with Stan Hywet as a restoration consultant in 1997 and joined the staff in 2001, after three years as associate curator with the Western Reserve Historical Society.
A 1976 graduate of Kent State University’s School of Architecture, Mark ran his own residential and preservation practice for 22 years and served as a preservation advisor to the Aurora (Ohio) Landmark Commission for 10 years. Since 2001, Mark has led every major restoration, preservation, rehabilitation and research-based re-creation project at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. His work has involved all five of the Estate’s historic buildings,designed by noted architect Charles Schneider, and its eight historic gardens, originally created by renowned landscape designer Warren Manning.
ARRC, Inc., is closely affiliated with the Ohio Historic Preservation Office and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, and has also served or partnered with such clients as:
- Summit County Historical Society
- Lake County Historical Society
- Massillon Historical Society
- City of Cleveland, Ohio
- City of Hudson, Ohio
- City of Mentor, Ohio
ARRC, Inc., has received many industry awards from leading organizations in the fields of architecture, restoration and preservation, including:
- American Institute of Architects
- The Northeast Ohio Landscape Association
- Ohio Historic Preservation Office
- Cleveland Restoration Society
- Heritage Ohio
- Progress through Preservation
Residential and Commercial Services
- Extensive site reviews and historic research
- Basic existing conditions drawings, technical analyses and adaptive re-use approaches
- Assessment of original materials and methods
- Project planning, design and administration
- Prioritization and coordination of recommended repairs
- Restoration or reproduction of original materials*
- Production of detailed, bid-ready construction documents
- Assistance in contractor identification, bid preparation and selection
- Assembly and management of qualified team(s) of specialized craftsmen
Premium Preservation Consulting Services
- Site planning and reviews
- Historic structure certification (Local and National Historic Register)
- Advice and guidance on rehabilitation tax credits
- Design and management of energy audits
- Grant funding applications
- Ohio Building Code Negotiated Historic code compliance
ARRC, Inc., is an Authorized dealer of ‘Innerg Windows,’ Acrylic interior storm window systems
In addition to principal architect Mark Gilles, ARRC Inc., draws on the experience of highly trained and qualified professionals who have played key roles in recognized renovation and restoration projects at Stan Hywet, throughout Northeast Ohio and beyond. ARRC, Inc., partners with a select group of skilled, pre-qualified contractors and designers who have assisted in successful project completion.