- Greet arriving guests and provide guest orientation and direction around the estate.
- Assist customers and process transactions at the point-of-sale terminal in Stan Hywet's retail store.
- Prepare foods, process transactions, tidy the Café and provide customer assistance as needed.
Wedding Guide Volunteer
- Escort wedding parties and guests for various events -- including photography sessions, ceremonies, and receptions.
Manor House Interpreter
- Interpret the Manor House and its Collections for touring guests.
Manor House Host/Hostess
- Greet and orient guests at the Manor House entrance.
History first hand
- Work with troupe of volunteers to develop character profiles of Stan Hywet domestic staff, friends, and Akron community members and reenact scenes from 1920 for special events and educational programs throughout the season.
Horticulture & Greenhouse
Adopt-A-Plot Garden Volunteer
- Assist with cultivating and maintaining a perennial plant bed in Stan Hywet’s Great Garden.
General Horticulture Volunteer
- Assist with general gardening duties to help preserve the historic integrity of Stan Hywet’s gardens.
Seed and Propagation Planting volunteer
- Work through the entire process of seed sowing, labeling, and moving plants as they grow to full production size. Watering, fertilizing, and light pruning work also invovled. Available only from March - June.
Nit-Pickers and Maintenance
Work through various maintenance tasks on the grounds and in the greenhouse and conservatory including light pruning, deadheading, weeding, sweeping, watering, repotting, leaf clean up, and more.
Help develop and facilitate onsite educational programming, special events and adult/youth learning.
Butterfly Assistant: Facilitate informal learning and casual conversations, field inquiries and influence interactive activities in the Butterfly habitat.
Assist with one or more of the following activities, depending on the event: set-up, parking, admissions, beverage tent server, food tent server, clean up/tear down.
Bulk Mail: Sort and prepare large quantities of mail to be sent to donors, members and volunteers.