Stan Hywet collaborates with outside organizations such as the Summit County Educational Service Center (ESC) and the Ohio State University Extension- Summit County to offer a variety of on-site continuing education workshops and professional development sessions (many providing continuing education credits upon class completion) throughout the year. Look below for current offerings and check back often for future opportunities.
Holistic Health in a Home/House: Stan Hywet as Example
Presented by Kristine M. Gill, RN, PhD.
- Fridays 1:30-4:30pm: April 12, May 10, June 7, July 12, Aug. 9, Sept. 13, Oct .11
- Saturdays, 10am- 1pm: April 13, May 11, June 8, July 13, Aug. 10, Sept. 14, Oct. 12
- Approximated 2 to 2-1/2 hours
- Ticket with credit hours (3.00 contact hours): Stan Hywet members: $22, Non-members: $30
No credit hours: Members, $17 ; Non-members, $25
Registration will be available in mid-March. Register at least one week in advance for the day of your choice
More than one hundred years ago, Stan Hywet was specifically designed to promote the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health of the Seiberling family, friends and guests; as well as their staff. Join Dr. Kristine Gill RN, PhD. on an interactive journey throughout the Manor House (including former domestic staff areas) and surrounding gardens to discover the special features that encourage health and overall well-being.
CE credit through the Ohio Nurses Association is available for health care professionals. For more information regarding contact hours call (330) 687-5393.
Saturday, April 27 | 1:40-4 pm
Photography Walk with Ian Adams
Join Ohio landscape photographer, writer and educator Ian Adams for a photography walk in the gardens at Stan Hywet during late spring. Bring your iPhone, Android phone or digital camera. Mr. Adams will provide tips on landscape and garden photography as well as coaching for each participant. Participants will also be given an opportunity to purchase Ian's eBook, A Guide to Landscape and Nature Photography with your iPhone, at half off the regular price.
- Arrive for this class by 1:40pm. Mr. Adams will meet the group in Admissions promptly at 1:45pm
- Tickets are $25, Stan Hywet members; $34, Non-members
- Register by 4/20. Registration opens in mid-March.