The Ohio Shakespeare Festival presents The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare in the Lagoon area of the estate.
Gates open at 6 PM | Greenshow, 7:30 PM | Performance, 8 PM
Everyone loves sweet Bianca. No one can stand her sour sister Kate. So their prudish father concocts the perfect plan: no one marries Bianca until the un-wedd-able Kate is wed. Add in some inept servants, dottie old men, mistaken identities, and some toxic masculinity, and you've got Shakespeare classic comedy: The Taming of the Shrew. This particular production's casting might challenge and enlighten traditional ideas of gender.
- Arrive by 7:30 PM, as the front gate closes promptly when the show begins at 8 PM.
- Tickets are sold by the Ohio Shakespeare Festival, not Stan Hywet. To purchase tickets, click here or call 330-5-SHAKES (330-574-2537).
- Ourdoor theater; dress for the weather. Performances take place rain or shine.
- Round out your evening with dinner at Shakespeare + Dinner on July 15 or August 12
***No outside alcohol permitted. State of Ohio liquor laws prevent outside alcoholic beverages from bring brought onto the estate.***
- Bring a picnic or buy refreshments, including beer and wine from the on-site concessions (Molly's Cafe). NO outside alcohol permitted.
- Groups of 10 or more: order dinner from Molly's cafe. Orders must be received 7 days in advance. Click here for the menu.