Beyond the Gate: Stan Hywet Virtual Summer Camp
Register by 6/30/2020
- Four Tuesdays in July at 10am, beginning July 7
- A series of short online interactive video sessions with accompanying “real world” challenges.
- For campers, ages 7-12
- A computer with speakers, tablet or smart phone with an Internet connection, a few household items and a lot of imagination!
- Price, entire series: Families/groups of 6 or fewer: $15 ($12 SH members) for the entire series. Groups of 6 or more, $45
- Price per session: 6 or fewer: $5/session ($4 members) and 6 or more: $15 ($12 members) /session
Call 330-315-3287 to register for one more sessions, or click on the link above. Deadline to register is June 30
Through a series of four interactive online video sessions on consecutive Tuesdays at 10am beginning July 7, virtual campers, ages 7-12 will participate in a series of 30-40 minute virtual adventures to uncover the story behind Stan Hywet and its beautiful and unique gardens & grounds, as well as its 65,000 sq. ft. historic Manor House. After each session, campers will be given a real world challenge to complete within their own backyard or at a local park.
Sessions and Dates:
Session 1: Who is Stan?
Ever wonder how Stan Hywet got its name, or who lived here and for how long? Well, here’s your chance to ask our experts after which you’ll receive your first challenge!
Session 2: Planning with Manning
Discover what it took to convert a few farms and a bunch of huge holes in the ground into a luxurious country estate. Then, explore the gardens and grounds from above and accept your next challenge.
Session 3: Home Sweet Manor Home
Pack your bags as we “fly” over to England to check out a few of the castles that inspired Stan Hywet’s architect. Then, fly back to Akron to discover a few of the features that make our Manor House so special and a new challenge.
Session 4: Inside Out/Outside In
Staying inside never meant closing yourself off from the outside world at Stan Hywet. In this final adventure, we’ll show you how a hallway shifted to a tree tunnel and when a sunset in the Manor’s “backyard” can be seen from the front!
Registration Deadline: Tues. 6/30.