This is a repository for students and teachers participating in our Meet the Staff program.
Info for Teachers and Students
- Pacing Guide
- Teacher Packet with Lesson Plans
- Student Packet
- Pre-Visit Lesson Plan
- On-Site Lesson Plan
- Post-Visit Lesson Plan
- Post Activity Template
- Using Primary and Secondary Sources (Akron-Summit Library)
- Meet the Staff - An overview of Stan Hywet's educational program including testimonials from APS teachers and staff.
- Beyond the Dish - Stan Hywet Hall - WVIZ/PBS ideastream sent Associate Producer Lauren Wilson to Akron, Ohio to investigate the story behind Stan Hywet and the Seiberling family. Along the way, she discovers the customs, clothing and food from the year 1920 via a two “History First Hand” characters portrayed by Stan Hywet volunteer, Jim Urban.
- Beyond the Dish - Side Dishes - An extension of the “Beyond the Dish- Stan Hywet Hall” program during which Lauren Wilson continues her investigation into the lifestyle of the Seiberling family by traveling back in time to the year 1920.
- Stan Hywet: Not For Us Alone - Mini-documentary about Stan Hywet and the Seiberling family featuring interviews with granddaughters Julia Shaw and Ann Davis as well as great-granddaughter, Harriet Chapman.
- Using Primary and Secondary Sources from Historic Research - Presentation by the Akron-Summit County Public Library.
Funding for educational programs has been graciously provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, Martha Holden Jennings Foundation, and the OMNOVA Foundation.