Vintage Days at Stan Hywet
The U.S. entered WWI on April 6, 1917. Please visit on May 21 for a special WWI commemoration. Scroll down for details.
Travel back in time during Vintage Days at Stan Hywet.
- All tours on Vintage Days are self-guided.
Vintage Days include Living History Day, and Vintage "Base Ball."
Purchase tickets upon arrival.
- In the Manor House, friends, business associates and staff members of the Seiberling family are eager to tell you about life in the 1920s on an American Country Estate. Played by our History First Hand troupe, this interactive tour takes place on select dates throughout the season. Then enjoy a game of vintage base ball (historically accurate spelling) as our resident team, the Akron Black Stockings take on the competition -- details below. Huzzah!
- Vintage "Base Ball," 1-3pm (all day on July 9- see below)
- Bring Blankets or lawn chairs and head over to the Great Meadow to cheer on the Akron Black Stockings, Stan Hywet's resident vintage "base ball" team.
Vintage Days include Living History Day in the Manor House, vintage "base ball" on the Great Meadow. And special programming:
May 21 - 1:30pm Summit County and the Great War
- A commemoration of the American War effort during World War I
- Special program: “Akron Goes to War: 1914-1918” presented by Dr. Kevin Kern, Associate Professor of History at The University of Akron
- For more information on Summit County's contribution to the U.S. war effort, visit www.summitWWI.org
June 11 - 12:30-1:30pm Goodyear Band Concert
The Stan Hywet Goodyear Band was founded in 1919 at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company and continues to perform at Stan Hywet and around the region to this day. Grab lunch from Molly's Cafe and enjoy a summer afternoon concert in the Courtyard.
July 9 - A Day of Vintage Base Ball at the Akron Cup
Enjoy vintage base ball all day during the Akron Cup on July 9 from 10am-4pm. The Akron Black Stockings host this all-day event at Stan Hywet with eight "clubs" competing and with two matches (games) taking place simultaneously throughout the day.
August 6 - Special Program TBD
September 10 - Special Program TBD
From time to time, photos will be taken of guests visiting Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens. Stan Hywet reserves the right to use these photos for communication, promotional and marketing purposes.