At Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, we are proudly guided in our work every day by a mission that is passionately embraced and celebrated by staff, board and volunteers alike: To preserve and share our historic Estate and serve as a resource for educational, cultural and recreational enrichment.
In 1898, F.A. Seiberling co-founded (with his brother, C.W.) The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, naming it after Charles Goodyear, the inventor of the vulcanization process for rubber. It was the turn of the twentieth century and the Industrial Age was forming modern America, where cities grew and industries flourished.
Tours & Attractions
The Estate is open to the public April through December. Closed to the public on Mondays. Open Tues.-Sun., 10am-6pm. Last admission at 4:30pm.
Times may differ for public programs (special events).
Our 2017 season is Community: Not for Us Alone, with special exhibits, new Walk the Hall guides and more. Learn how the Seiberling family help to shape the community, locally and nationally. Visit often!