Honor the 86th anniversary of the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), which started with a meeting on Mother's Day, 1935 in the Gate Lodge between two admitted alcoholics, Bill W. and Dr. Bob. A meeting that was supposed to last minutes lasted hours and became the underpinnings of a movement that continues to help millions worldwide. Admissiong to the Gate Lodge is free during Founders' Day Weekend. Scroll down for details.
- Admission is free for Founders' Day visitors to the Gate Lodge. Enjoy the new immersive exhibit, Henrietta Seiberling: A Spark for a Movement.
- Founders’ Day activities at the University of Akron are entirely virtual on June 12-13; there are NO onsite activities.
- There is no shuttle service to the University of Akron this year.
- Molly’s Shop sells commemorative Gate Lodge mementos.
- Molly’s Café offers salads, sandwiches, hot dogs, soft drinks and sweet treats.