The Ohio Shakespeare Festival presents A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare in the Lagoon area of the estate.
Gates open at 6 PM | Greenshow, 7:30 PM | Performance, 8 PM
Shakespeare's most magical and uproarious comedy. The king and queen of the faeries battle over a changeling child. Young lovers from Athens run from home to escape parental persecution. Some misfit actors attempt to put on a spectacular play. And on a midsummer's night, their stories collide in unforgettable -- and hilarious -- ways.
- Arrive by 7:30 PM, as the front gate closes promptly when the show begins at 8 PM
- Tickets are sold by the Ohio Shakespeare Festival, not Stan Hywet. To purchase tickets: Go to Ohio Shakespeare Festival.com/midsummer or call330-5-SHAKES (330-574-2537).Tickets go on sale on June 1.
- Ourdoor theater; dress for the weather. Performances take place rain or shine.
- No outside alcohol permitted. State of Ohio liquor laws prevent outside alcoholic beverages from bring brought onto the estate.
- Bring a picnic or buy refreshments, including beer and wine from the on-site concessions (Molly's Cafe). NO outside alcohol permitted.
- Groups of 10 or more: order dinner from Molly's cafe. Orders must be received 7 days in advance. Click here for the menu.